Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Paper Memories.

Today, I will be brief and to the point.  With a million different ideas running through my head, there isn't time for fluff. 

I need to just get it out, matter of fact. 

Word for the wise, keep your fingers crossed!  Here goes nothing...

Thought #1

For one, I got married!  It was beautiful, untraditional, intimate and real!  I feel like the most lucky woman alive, and true to form, I have many thoughts to share, but now is not the time.

I will say though, Elvis was in attendance!  Moving on...

By the way, I apologize if it's all a bit disjointed!


Photos by Joshua Branstetter

Thought #2

From the time I was a young girl, I've worried about having a house fire.  In my manic mind, I've prepared and thought for years about what material possessions I'd most want to save in such a circumstance. 

I've even gone so far as to imagine compiling a basket of beloved items and leaving it conveniently by the doorway for easy portation in the instance of a terrifying night blaze.

The strange point of this tangent, you might ask.

Here it is --

In the instance of catastrophy, my hypothetical basket would be filled with photos.  Paper memories, new and old.

As an aside, I realize the whole basket thing might be considered archaic given the invention of memory cards, but remember, it's an innocent wish!  One I've entertained since girlhood -- a photo fire evacuation plan!

(FYI:  It goes without saying, the well-being and safety of my loved ones supercede any one thing I might ever own!)

My final thought of this entry.  Since, we're on the topic of photos...


Thought #3

I was never the type of woman, or girl for that matter, to fantasize about the particulars of my wedding day.  I'm not going to lie, I thought and hoped it would be a special occasion, but I didn't fixate or stress too much.  In my mind, as cliché as it might sound, every morning, night, and day is important and worth making memorable. 

I did find, however, wedding inspiration from a single photo taken on my grandparents' wedding day some sixty odd years ago.  It was a simple shot of my grandparents happily smiling out the back window of a big, big Buick.

Long story short, I lost the photo, but this looks a little something like it... 




Our spontaneous attempt at recreating a Mulligan original.



My Grandparents --
William & Alice Mulligan ca. 1947



The Kohns
September 19, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts. I love 'em all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

avandia