Pages

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Anymore + Evermore

You know what, I'm not going to "quiet" my kid anymore. And I'm not going to "pretend" anymore, for the sake of social norms, that my child doesn't, or isn't, feeling something he can't "appropriately" communicate (based off other people's comfort levels or skewed terms of acceptability). Because guess what, "normal" doesn't exist anymore. And it never did, actually. I'm just sad, and sorry, it took me so long to wake up. But here it is, I'm not in a "fog" anymore. And I'm happy to say, I'm not going to worry about "you" anymore. So, for the record:

  • My kid WILL scream when he's overwhelmed, tired, frustrated, excited, sad, angry, or indifferent.
  • My son WILL drop to the ground kicking for reasons unknown to both you and me.
  • My boy WILL make a scene to be seen, and "heard."

And I will not apologize anymore. Because, I am proud of him. For always, and evermore!

Moral of this post, and reminder to myself, respond intentionally.

Now, can I get any more photos of Aksel's face in just one post? And as a side note, I think, moving forward, he should take all of my pictures. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts. I love 'em all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

avandia